10 Cons Of An International Credit Card
Credit card fraud is a fast increasing crime in the world. International Credit Card holders are mostly the victims of this unauthorized access to their accounts. Let’s take a closer look of the problems faced by international credit cards.
1. Repetitive use of credit card numbers. After a credit card number has been used and disregarded, say cancelled, credit card companies would reissue the same number to other cardholders. The personal identification numbers (PIN) is changed as well as the credit cardholder’s personal information. But it still bears the same credit card number.
2. Low standards when it comes to the use of cards by the participating merchants. This is a common problem encountered by international credit cardholders. Employees of the participating merchants have the full access to the account number as well as the security number of the card.
3. Account Statements given out by credit card companies contains less information about the participating merchant. It does not include relevant information about the vendor that charged any transaction on the credit card.
4. Unreliable blocking functions. Once a card loss is reported, it will still take months for the credit card companies to block the transactions being made through the stolen or lost credit card.
5. Lack of validation software. Participating vendors should have better validation software installed on their computer system.
6. Consumer unfriendly policies on fraud management. The policies on the present fraud management take the blame on the cardholders though not directly stipulated. This means that the policies on the fraud management of international credit card companies protect not the consumers but the company.
7. Lax standards on investigation about fraudulent transactions. This is the sad part for the victims of fraud through their credit cards. Getting the suspects charged though proven guilty of fraud seems to take on slowly.
8. Credit card fraud is usually committed through online transactions. This means that credit cardholders are not protected with the authorized or unauthorized use of their cards on purchases or services paid online.
9. Most of the companies that typically appear on charges are those associated with pornography industry. These companies are the ones that accept transactions even without verifying the cardholder’s information.
10. Most of the banks’ system is not compatible with other international credit card companies for the e-commerce. This is a potential weakness that would mean loss of clients so they would prefer to keep quiet about it.
A Guide To Credit Card Debt
When talking about credit card debt, the effects of debt depend upon such factors as the sources of loan funds, the purpose for which borrowing is done, the terms and conditions under which the debt is floated, the volume of the existing debt, the interest rates, the types of loan employed and the general economic condition of the community.
The individual may borrow from individual investors, financial institutions and commercial banks. The effects of domestic borrowing are quite different from those of foreign borrowing. In internal borrowing, there is no increase in the total quantity of resources available for the use. Rather, it is a method to enable the individual to command more domestic resources. Borrowing from financial institutions is simply a transfer of resources from private to government use. Individuals purchase government securities by diverting their current or previously accumulated savings, after reducing their cash balances. So the above transfer of resources from individuals or institutions does not create any expansionary effects on the economy.
The effects of debt also depend on the purpose for which the debt is created. If the borrowed funds are used for wasteful expenditures which will not create any assets, then borrowing is indefensible. Further, the interest rates have a bearing on the cost of borrowing and consequently upon the banking system and economic conditions in general. The higher the interest rate for borrowing funds, the stronger the pull on funds from competing investments.
A serious diversion of funds from marginal enterprises would tend to cause the latter’s failure and this, in turn, would affect production and other economic processes, like market prices and interest rates. If the financial institutions get tax exemptions for their loans, this will tend to encourage the purchase of their securities.